Puck Skills, Skating, and Scoring Camp (July 22-26th)
Second-year Mite, Squirt, and PeeWee age players
Walker Ice & Fitness Center
A combination camp for players who are looking to advance their puck skills while also focusing on improving their scoring touch. The camp will focus on increasing every player’s stick handling and puck protection skills, becoming more patient with the puck, proper shot or deke selection, and how to become a more consistent goal scorer. In addition, this twenty hour on-ice program will also include an off-ice skills component and will focus attention on the techniques of shooting, using fakes, deflections, and rebounds to score goals. We will also cover what shot to use in specific situations.
Major Skills Emphasized
- Puck handling in open ice and “in traffic”
- Puck protection skills along the boards and in open ice
- Shooting skills and shot selection
- Fakes, deflections and rebounding skills
- Skating speed and agility; skating techniques when shooting specific shots.